We are excited to announce that the KW-Guelph mixed team for the Summer of 2014 (and hopefully moving forward from there) will be known as Crash (after the name for a group of rhinoceri).
Tryouts will be held on the following dates:
- April 22 – 6:30-8:30pm – University of Guelph Soccer Complex, East Field
- April 24 – 9:00-11:00pm – Woodside Park 1, Kitchener
- April 29 – 6:30-8:30pm – University of Guelph Soccer Complex, East Field
May 1 – 9:00-11:00pm – Woodside Park 1, Kitchener
May 3 & 4 – Soggy Bottom Bowl Tryout Tournament in Guelph
The first tryout (April 22) will be for players who did not tour with either Whiplash 2013 or MuD 2012. Depending on turnout, first cuts may be made after this tryout, and all players will be expected to attend the remaining tryouts. After Soggy Bottom Bowl, the final team roster will be selected.
A second competitive team, called Thunder, will also be formed and we are excited to announce that Natalie Mullin, coach of the UW women’s team, has agreed to coach this team. We also intend to run a development team for players who are looking for skill building opportunities this summer.
Crash and Thunder practices will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings throughout the season, and will likely be held at St John’s Kilmarnock School (off Highway 7 between KW and Guelph). Practice is mandatory.
We are expecting to enter 7 tournaments this summer including (some dates tentative):
- Soggy Bottom (May 3rd/4th)
- TUF (May 10th/11th)
- May Day (May 24th)
- Comedy of Errors/Northern Flights (June 14th/15th)
- Regionals (July 12th/13th)
- No Borders (July 26th/27th)
- Nationals (August 14th-17th)
Looking forward to seeing you at tryouts! Dan, Chris, Bry and Yaacov